What is Temporomandibular Joint Disorder?
Why Let TMJ Pain or Disorder Rule Your Life?
TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders (TMD) are more than mere annoyances. They can cause chronic pain, headaches and limit your jaw mobility. Joint pain can be caused by stresses on the jaw muscles, sometimes called “jaw joint pain”. It can be caused after the extraction of a wisdom tooth or implementation of a molar implant.
While relaxation techniques and muscle relaxants can help aide in some way, it is not a permanent solution. Your dentist can provide you with alternative options for temporomandibular disorders such as TMJ injections at your local dental office or your TMJ clinic.
If you have been dealing with chronic jaw pain caused by TMD, call our dental office immediately. Dr. Jeffrey Suffoletta is skilled in detecting and treating problems with TMJ and has extensive experience helping patients move past the pain safely and reliably.
Could You Be Suffering From TMJ?
The temporomandibular joints connect your jawbone to the bones in your skull. When these joint dysfunction, TMD can develop, causing chronic pain. Many people with TMJ never realize that their problems are symptoms of a larger condition. Some physical symptoms of TMJ Dysfunction can be detected by the following.
- Jaw pain that radiates into the head, neck and/or shoulders.
- Jaw clicking when speaking, yawning or eating.
- Jaw “sticking”, especially when the mouth is opened wide.
- Regular headaches, including migraines.
- Jaw discomfort that is worse after sleeping.
Advanced, Personalized TMD Treatments Based on Your Lifestyle
TMD can develop from a number of reasons, including heredity, teeth grinding or trauma, and should be addressed. Our practice offers customized TMD treatments based on your history, lifestyle and needs. After a thorough examination, Dr. Suffoletta may recommend:
- Occlusal adjustment. This in-office treatment reduces the stress on your jaw by reshaping the surfaces of the teeth, to promote correct bite alignment.
- Home remedies. Home-based exercises can help you lessen your TMJ symptoms.
- Therapy. Sometimes, therapeutic approaches allow you to retrain your jaw bone.
- Bruxism treatments. If you grind your teeth, you may find relief from TMJ pain with a dental appliance worn at night.
- Skin fillers are a great way to easily and painlessly get immediate relief from temporomandibular disorder. Ask us how filler can help you.
|Our Customers Love us on Google|
If you're experiencing chronic jaw pain, there are multiple solutions for jaw pain treatment that you can get at our dental office. Our mission is to provide you with ease and comfort from TMJ disorder and the clenching or grinding that is associated with TMJ dysfunction. Call us today to set an appointment with our dentist for a consultation at 702-671-0001.
Chronic Jaw Pain Bringing You Down?
Contact our office today for a consultation to talk about your TMJ issues with our highly-trained and credential dentist. Don’t let jaw pain run or ruin your life, solutions are available. Dr. Suffoletta can consult you on both conventional methods and new methods now available thanks to technological advancements and reforms in dentistry.